SAFE SLEEP: Safe Sleep Safety
Posted in:DadsMomsSafe SleepYour Growing Child
New babies are fussy. It is a struggle to get them to sleep. You want to make sure they are as comfortable as possible. You become tempted to put them in your bed. This is not what is best for you or your baby. Sleep well and sleep safe when you follow the safe sleep guidelines.
If you are a parent or caregiver, here are a few helpful tips to keep your baby safe while they sleep:
- The best place for your baby to sleep is in their bassinet or crib. You will sleep better since you will not have to worry about rolling over your baby at night.
- Your baby should always sleep on their back. That means you should see your baby’s tiny precious face in the crib.
- Place your baby in an empty crib. Your baby might have a favorite stuffed animal, but always leave the toy outside the crib for playtime. Make sure your baby is sleeping as safe as possible.
- Keep your baby in a smoke free environment. Do your best to stop smoking around your baby.
- Get a safe person to watch your baby. You might be tired or feel like you cannot care for your baby. Find someone who can help watch your baby until you are ready.
We can all do something today to help make a baby’s dreams come true. Follow and share the safe sleep guidelines. You can decrease Sudden Infant Death Syndrome every time you create a safe sleep environment for your baby. Share with your family, friends or anyone who cares for your baby! https://dethrives.com/safe-sleep/families