Skip to content

HELP ME GROW: What Happens When You Dial 2-1-1

Posted in:Help Me Grow


4-DE-Blogs-March-4.23.153Dialing 2-1-1 is simple, but have you made the call? Maybe you are scared, unsure whether the hotline can help you, or you don’t realize what types of services are available. Sometimes you may dial 2-1-1 (you may also text your zip code to 898211) and not even know what you are looking for, but you know you need help.

After you dial 2-1-1 or text 302-231-1464 you will be connected with a Help Me Grow Child Development Specialist, if you’re calling about a child.

Questions you can ask Help Me Grow:

  • What are the milestones or growth stages for my baby?
  • Who do I contact if I want to schedule an appointment for Home Visiting?
  • If I am worried about being able to provide the best home for my baby, where do I get help?
  • My child is autistic and needs help with speech skills, who should I call?
  • I am afraid I will not be able to pay next month’s rent and support my family, is there help available?
  • How do I know when my child needs to get a developmental screening?

You can ask any questions or communicate any concerns you have about you and your family’s well being and a Child Development Specialists will refer you to a professional. The Help Me Grow specialist will follow up with you and make sure you got the help you needed. They will refer you to a different resource that can better fit your needs, if your expectations were not met.

All it takes is one call or text message to be connected to many of the available resources in your community. Let us know how Help Me Grow has helped you. Join the conversation on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook by using #DEThrives. We’d love to hear what you think!

© 2024. Delaware Division of Public Health.