Safe Sleep for Every Sleep
Little naps during the day for baby are the same as a safe slumber for baby at night. To keep your baby safe during nap times and every sleep, it is best to follow the same rules for safe sleep at night:
- Always place your baby on his or her back in their crib or bassinette.
- Never let your baby sleep on your bed, on a couch or chair, or on pillows or cushions.
- Make sure your baby sleeps on a firm mattress with a fitted sheet.
- Keep your baby in a smoke free environment.
- Do not put toys, stuffed animals, blankets, comforters, pillows, bumper pads or sleep positioners in your baby’s crib.
For more tips and information about Safe Sleep and Infant Safety, visit www.SafeSleepDE.com, follow us on Twitter @DEThrives or check us out on Facebook www.facebook.com/DEThrives.